Friday, August 13, 2010

Donate Your Medals

At last year's Wildflower Triathlon I learned about this non-profit organization, Won for One. I thought it was genius immediately. They will take your medals that you have "won" (I have never been close to winning) and give them to kids in hospitals.
I think the medals have a much better purpose this way than staying in some drawer in my house. I have the memories from the training and racing and there is no need for medal to remind me. It also makes your achievement more gratifying knowing you earned this medal that will now bring happiness to someone else.
So I urge all of your that have medals collecting dust, to take 5 minutes to fill out the form on their website and mail them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...