Friday, May 11, 2012

Brew Shuffle: An Online Homebrew Trade Website

I just found a new website that I think has some great potential. It is called Brew Shuffle. Currently, there are not many homebrewers signed up (at least locally in San Diego). With the number of homebrewers (AHA estimates 1,000,000 homebrewers in America) currently brewing this could be a great way to try unique beers and find new inspiration.

The site is pretty well setup and looks very straight forward to me. You start by creating a Profile page and then you start to add brews. For each beer, you add the basic details and then decide how many beers you are willing to share or "shuffle". 

I like the search function because it allows you to filter the results in many helpful ways including seeing available "shuffles" on a functional map.

Plus I also think this site will make my blog much more interactive. With each recipe I post I will make sure to post some shuffles to Brew Shuffle so readers can try beers that they are particularly interested in. 

Here is the link to my Profile Page so you can choose to follow me - Brew Shuffle - Bikes, Beer & Adventures. Plus I will add a link on each recipe post.

3 comments:

  1. Brew Shuffle fills a pretty large void by connecting people interested in swapping homebrew on a single site. I know that there are similar tools available on BeerAdvocate (but for commercial beers), and within beer forums like the one associated with Northern Brewer (but far less organized). This seems like a good idea. I guess I need to bottle more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog
    and was curious what all is required to get set up?
    I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?

    I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Kudos

    My homepage :: novoline kostenlos ()

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon-
      Blogs are free to create and hosting would be the only thing you could spend money for, but the 2 big blog companies - Blogger(the one I'm using) and Wordpress have free hosting. Their hosting is free as long as you use their domain name(url) or you can pay the $10-$15 a year to have your own domain.

      A lot of people actually make money from their blog by displaying ads, but as you can tell I don't do this as a source of income and there are no ads on my page.

      Good luck and hopefully this helps.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...